Please read carefully before using this website.
1.4 - You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms, and to abide by and comply with these Terms. In any case you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the TeeFury website is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the TeeFury website.
2. TeeFury Accounts
2.1 - In order to access some features of the website, you will have to create an account. You may never use another’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account login information secure. You must notify TeeFury immediately if you become aware any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security regarding your account.
2.2 - TeeFury cannot and will not be liable for your losses or damage caused by any unauthorized use of your account. And you may be liable for the losses or damage of TeeFury or others due to such unauthorized use.
3. Design Submissions
3.1 - Independent artists who are TeeFury account holders may submit unsolicited designs to TeeFury. TeeFury may, in its sole discretion, select unsolicited designs and sell t-shirts bearing the designs. The independent artists who submit the designs will receive commissions on the t-shirts sold, as set forth in the Artist Agreement, which is hereby expressly incorporated herein.
3.2 - All independent artists who submit unsolicited designs to TeeFury must read and abide by the Artist Agreement. You understand that TeeFury does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any unsolicited design you submit.
4. Intellectual Property of Others
4.1 - Intellectual property (“IP”) includes patents, copyrights, trade secrets, trade dress, trademarks, and rights of publicity. TeeFury respects the IP rights of others and asks you to do the same. When using and interacting with TeeFury and the TeeFury website, you may not post, submit, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any material (including any unsolicited design) that infringes an IP right belonging to another.
4.2 - TeeFury acknowledges that unsolicited designs submitted by independent artists may refer to the IP rights of others. It is Tee Fury’s policy to select such unsolicited designs only if the designs are new, original, and/or transformative works that parody, satirize, or provide social commentary on the IP rights of others. In other words, to be selected by TeeFury, such unsolicited designs must make “fair use” of the IP rights of others.
4.3 - If you are a copyright owner and believe that material has been posted on the TeeFury website in a way that infringes one or more of your copyrights, you may submit a DMCA takedown notification to TeeFury. Please refer to TeeFury’s DMCA Policy, which is hereby expressly incorporated herein, for more information.
4.4 - If you are an independent artist in receipt of a DMCA takedown notification and believe that your design has been removed from or disabled on the TeeFury website as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled, such as fair use, you may submit a DMCA counter-notification to TeeFury. Please refer to TeeFury’s DMCA Policy for more information.
4.5 - TeeFury is not responsible for the IP rights of or relating to unsolicited designs on the TeeFury website. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against TeeFury with respect thereto, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, agree to indemnify and hold harmless TeeFury, its owners, operators, affiliates, licensors, and licensees to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the TeeFury website.
5. TeeFury’s Intellectual Property
5.1 - Disclaimer
TeeFury accepts unsolicited designs from independent artists who are informed of and have agreed to TeeFury’s policies concerning the IP rights of others as set out in these Terms and elsewhere on the TeeFury website. All designs selected by TeeFury are new, original, and/or transformative works that may parody, satirize, or provide social commentary on the IP rights of others. TeeFury and the selected designs make only “fair use” of the IP rights of others. TeeFury respects all such IP rights of others, and TeeFury is not affiliated with the owners of the IP rights to which the selected designs may refer.
5.2 - Copyrights
- 5.2.1 - All original content (“Content”) on the TeeFury website or on TeeFury’s t-shirts is copyrighted to TeeFury and is protected by U.S. and international laws and treaties. Content includes and is not limited to media, artwork, software, text, software or HTML code, scripts, images, graphics, user interfaces, music, videos, photographs, logos, artwork, and the design, selection, assembly, arrangement, and coordination thereof. You understand and agree that the Content is solely owned by TeeFury.
- 5.2.2 - Unless otherwise indicated, Content does not include the selected designs of independent artists. Content also does not include the IP rights of others, to which the selected designs may refer.
• 5.3 - Trademarks and Branding Guidelines
- 5.3.1 - TeeFury owns and has registered numerous trademarks. All TeeFury products or service names, slogans, or logos used on the TeeFury website or on TeeFury’s t-shirts are trademarks of TeeFury. You understand and agree that TeeFury’s registered trademarks and unregistered trademarks used on the TeeFury website or on TeeFury’s t-shirts are solely owned by TeeFury. All other company, product, service names, slogans, or logos referenced on TeeFury’s website are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of others.
- 5.3.2 - Independent designers of designs selected by TeeFury may use the TEEFURY® mark and/or the Teebird bird logo to promote sales of t-shirts or other products bearing their selected designs provided that such use complies with TeeFury’s logo usage guidelines, which are hereby expressly incorporated herein, and further provided that such use must immediately cease upon TeeFury’s written request.
6. Website Access and Use
6.1 - The TeeFury website and all Content associated therewith are provided by TeeFury AS IS as a service to current and prospective customers, independent artists, and visitors to the TeeFury website. TeeFury hereby grants you a limited license to use the TeeFury website and the Content, subject to the following restrictions: (a) your use of the website and the Content is a personal use and is not for any commercial purpose beyond what is permitted by the Terms; (b) you do not copy, download, or print any aspect of the website or the Content beyond what may be reasonably necessary for proper use of the website for its intended purpose; (c) if you copy, download, or print any aspect of the website or the Content, you do not remove or modify any copyright notices or other proprietary notices displayed on the website or the Content; (d) you do not distribute, alter, or modify any aspect of the website without TeeFury’s prior written authorization; and (e) you otherwise comply with these Terms in all respects. No right, title or interest in TeeFury’s Content is conveyed to you. The foregoing is a limited license, not a transfer of title to TeeFury’s Content. Any unauthorized copying, alteration, distribution, transmission, performance, display, or other use of the Content is prohibited.
6.2 - Prohibited commercial purposes include, without limitation, any of the following actions: sale of access to the TeeFury website or the Content on another website; use of the TeeFury website or the Content for the primary purpose of gaining advertising or subscription revenue; the sale of advertising targeted to the Content; and any use of the TeeFury website that TeeFury finds, in its sole discretion, to use the TeeFury Content with the effect of competing with or displacing the market for TeeFury, the Content, or the selected designs of independent artists.
7. Prohibited Uses
7.1 - You shall not post, transmit, redistribute, upload, or promote any communications, content or materials that (a) contain corrupted files, viruses, or any other similar software files, the intent of which is to damage the operation of another’s computer; (b) are unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, hateful, profane, indecent, racially or ethnically derogatory, or otherwise objectionable; (c) contain chain letters or pyramid schemes; (d) contain any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation to other users, individuals or entities; (e) impersonate any person, business or entity, including our company and our employees and agents; (f) encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense; (g) give rise to civil liability; (h) otherwise violate any law; or (i) in doing so, amounts to any conduct that, in the judgment of TeeFury, restricts, impairs, interferes or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the TeeFury website and/or our related services and products.
7.2 - You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “bots” or “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses the TeeFury website in a manner that sends more request messages to the TeeFury servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, TeeFury grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. TeeFury reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
7.3 - You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of TeeFury website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the TeeFury website or the Content therein.
8. Links to Third Party Sites
8.1 - The TeeFury website may contain links to websites controlled by third parties. TeeFury provides these links merely as a convenience and TeeFury is not responsible for and does not endorse, adopt, agree with, or accept any responsibility over the contents or use of these websites. Access to other websites is at your own risk and TeeFury expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content of any third party sites linked to this site. You should take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free from viruses, worms, trojan horses and the like. You should also refer to the policies posted by the other websites regarding privacy and other topics before you use them. TeeFury is not responsible for third party content accessible through this website, including opinions, advice, statements, and advertisements and you assume all risks associated with your use of this content. If you choose to purchase products or services from a third party, your relationship is directly with the third party. TeeFury makes no representation or warranty as to any third-party products or services.
9. Electronic Communications
9.1 - You consent to receive communications from TeeFury electronically. TeeFury may communicate with you by email, by a message sent to your TeeFury account, by posting a notice on the TeeFury website, by social media message, or by any other digital means. You agree that TeeFury’s electronic communications to you will satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
11. General Terms
You agree that, in your use of the TeeFury website, you will comply with all applicable laws.
11.1 - Disclaimer
- 11.1.1 - Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented. However, TeeFury assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained in this website. Product information is subject to change without notice and in the sole discretion of TeeFury. TeeFury may make changes to this website at any time without notice. Mention of non-TeeFury products or services is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation.
- 11.1.2 - ALL CONTENT, MATERIAL, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, TEEFURY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OR OTHER WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. TEEFURY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (1) THIS SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) THIS SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE BASIS; OR (3) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR A LINKED SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. TEEFURY SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM FOR LOSS OF DATA OR FAILURE OR MECHANICAL OR ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT OR COMMUNICATION LINES THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOADING OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION. THIS INCLUDES THE TRANSMISSION OF VIRUSES WHICH MAY INFECT YOUR EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE.
11.2 - Limitation of Liability
- 11.2.1 - IN NO EVENT SHALL TEEFURY, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF, ACCESS TO, OR INABILITY TO USE THE TEEFURY WEBSITE OR A LINKED WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND EVEN IF TEEFURY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
- 11.2.2 - TEEFURY ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAYED, LOST OR MISDIRECTED COMMUNICATIONS THROUGH THE TEEFURY WEBSITE.
- 11.2.3 - YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TEEFURY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CLAIM THAT AN UNSOLICITED DESIGN SUBMITTED BY AN INDEPENDENT ARTIST HAS VIOLATED THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANOTHER.
11.3 - Indemnity
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless TeeFury, its officers, directors, employees, and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the TeeFury; (ii) your violation of any of these Terms; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any IP right; or (iv) any claim that one of your unsolicited designs caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms and your use of the TeeFury website.
11.4 - Waiver
No waiver of any of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and TeeFury’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
11.5 - Limitations on Actions
You agree that any cause of action arising out of or relating to the Site must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
11.6 - Assignment
These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by TeeFury without restriction.
11.7 - Formatting
The formatting in these Terms (including without restriction the paragraph headings and paragraph numbering) is included to help make these terms easier to read and has no binding effect.
11.8 - Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The website is controlled by DigMEE Holding Company Inc in California, United States of America. All matters relating to your access to, or use of, this website shall be governed by U.S. federal law or the laws of the State of California, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law. Any dispute, legal action, or proceeding relating to your access to, or use of, this website shall be exclusively instituted in a state or federal court in Orange County, California. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in, these courts in any such legal action or proceeding. TeeFury makes no representations that the information on this website is appropriate for use in other locations. If you choose to access this website from other locations, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
11.9 - Violations
Please report any violations of the Terms, including objectionable or offensive Content, unsolicited design, or TeeFury forum posting. Please state the reasons for your concern and provide a link to the Content, unsolicited design, or TeeFury forum posting in question. Upon receiving such a report, TeeFury in its sole discretion may investigate the matter and take such action as TeeFury determines to be appropriate.
11.10 - Other Reservation of Rights
TeeFury reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the TeeFury website at any time.
11.11 - Termination or Cancellation
You agree that TeeFury may, at any time and at TeeFury’s sole discretion, with or without cause or any notice to you, terminate these Terms, your access to the TeeFury website, and/or your account, or suspend or block your access to the TeeFury website. You will still be liable for any breaches of these Terms and/or obligations incurred before the Terms end. If you use the TeeFury website after termination of these Terms, that use will constitute your agreement to the Terms then posted on the TeeFury website.
11.12 - Entire Agreement
The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and TeeFury regarding the use of the website, superseding any prior agreements between you and TeeFury relating to your use of the website. The failure of TeeFury to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision in that or any other instance. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid, the remainder of this agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
Please contact us with any questions regarding these Terms.